DS7 skipped a grade last year. Since then she has made a lot progress in both academic and social areas. However she still tells us that reading is not challenging enough. I believe it is true based on the worksheet or homework she brings home. I tried to explain this to her teacher and principal. I asked if DS can have reading acceleration by one more grade. But they told me that it is not necessary. That is the main reason why we had her tested.

In fact the PSI score is a surprise to us. We know that she usually works slower than my PG DS. But I did not expect there is such a big difference between them in PS scores. Furthermore, I know it is the coding subtest score that brings down PS.

DS told me that she was timed to finish a task. She could not go back to correct her mistakes during the test. She noticed that she made 2 errors in the middle of test. It really bothered her. She said that uneasy feeling slows her down. I am not sure about her explanation. I also read some info online regarding lower PSI. So I am wondering if there is anything that I shall ask the psychologist about, e.g. Any LD.

Thanks!