My DS7 was born with severe processing disorder - and other physical issues. He had 5 years of ot/pt/speech (plus feeding therapy) through EI/preschool part and 2.5 yrs of vision therapy. He did water therapy this Aug/Sep and has been in neurofeedback since Aug as well. He's also been on a gluten-free/sugar-free/processed-free/dairy-free/everything else-free it seems diet since then too.

So what's helped? All of them to a degree. Unfortunately, none of them are quick fixes or have been covered through insurance since leaving EI/preschool extension. As my son was born with torticollis, we had major problems with crossing the midline/bilateral integration (right-left crossing), etc. that MumOfThree mentioned.

DS is eg/pg and had a major meltdown when he was in school the last two years. This year, I'm homeschooling. The meltdowns have subsided over the last couple of weeks with neurofeedback if it gives you any comfort.

Last summer I took him to a 2e expert and she said that neurofeedback may (emphasis on may) solve the majority of my son's attentional/sensory issues since it's basically re-wiring the brain and a more permanent solution. With neurofeedback you may be able to eliminate the need for medication or greatly reduce it. So far, I've been pleased with the results, but again I must emphasize that it's not a magic cure or a quick fix. It's a loooong haul.