Thanks for the feedback. I did email the teacher. She thanked me for my "diplomatic" email - I was going for persuasive but can live with diplomatic. I asked for some more challenging problems that fit the curriculum (or to use eduspeak, "to go deeper") and that DD be seated with other kids with similar ability. Unless DD is working with friends, she is not a good mentor with other kids. For example, the teacher put with an eighth grade boy who does okay on homework but who can't perform on the test. The teacher was hoping that working with this kid would "cement" things for DD. DD just keeps her head down doing her own work and ignoring him.

The teacher said that they have an odd schedule this week and that she would try to address some of my concerns after Thanksgiving break. She also recommended something called math circles as an extracurricular option. I only found one in the area which is about 45 minutes away and meets on a sporadic basis on Saturdays -- not a great fit for us with various kids skiing and playing soccer on Saturdays depending upon the time of year.

DD still hasn't missed a point. I'm concerned because it is turning into a weird matter of pride for her.