Thanks for your input everyone.

Dee-Dee, my ds is VERY lucky that he pretty much "passes" for your typical 6 year old boy (well, lucky with peers NOT with teachers). He's not extremely sporty, but plays soccer with a team full of school friends. He has several kids in the neighborhood that he can run around with like a mad man. I think he really enjoys his friendships.

Where I think he's lonely is that he never really gets to "pick" the fun. If he offers an idea (I watched him suggest to his friend that they play with his globe one day), he is usually met with a scoff.

I asked him more about this yesterday. He said that he's really disappointed that there is "abosolutely NO science, history, real math, or geography at school...and I mean at ALL, Mom!"

MON...yeah, I think he's getting a clearer picture that there is something that is fundamentally different with him compared to most of his peers. He is dually proud and grim about this.

We've found that a lot of extracurricular 'learning' opportunities around here have more kids with PARENTS interested in them learning than KIDS actually interested in the subjects. He was really bummed by a recent science "group" at the library which had very basic science concepts and a lot of goofy kids who just wanted to play outside. He is finally getting mature enough we might be able to push him into some higher age groups for activities.

Yesterday, he suggested we make posters: WANTED - boys who like science, math and Lego Star Wars. LOL!