Originally Posted by cc6
it is time for eChoices- choosing magnets here at lausd.
for him to get into a gifted magnet, i need a document signed stating he is "verififed as gifted" which is same document i already have- but i need this document from his CURRENT SCHOOL which i know the teacher/principal will NOT sign.

my Question for them would be how does he go from being verified in june 2012 to NOT in nov 2012? how did he pass the test@ the other school? how are his academic skills so advanced?

I have to say that I'm very confused by this. The eChoices website said that LAUSD students don't need this form.

Originally Posted by eChoices
LAUSD Students do not need the Verification Form.

If your son took a test in the district, the district will contact your son's school to verify the results. And why would the principal refuse to sign or confirm something? You seem to be implying that the school is out to get your child; this makes no sense. If the child has passed the test, the administrators would have to lie to say that he didn't. Would they really do that? It seems to me that the question is, "Did the did pass the test?" not "How's he doing this year on other things?"

Certainly, if you DON'T submit the paperwork, the best that can happen is nothing. If you DO submit the paperwork, the best that can happen is that your son will go to a school more suited to his needs, and the worst that can happen becomes nothing.

Last edited by Val; 11/04/12 12:57 PM.