http://gcq.sagepub.com/content/34/3/111.short
Assessing the Social Status of Gifted Students by Their Age Peers
Richard L. Luftig
Miami University
Marci L. Nichols
Batavia Local Schools Batavia, Ohio
Abstract

This study investigated the social status of gifted children enrolled in an educational pull-out program with same-aged peers not identified as gifted. Both groups completed a sociometric nomination instrument in which they rated classmates. Results were analyzed in terms of the percentage of students assigned to popular, rejected, or neglected categories by peers. A 2 (gifted) x 2 (gender) analysis was used. Gifted boys were most popular while gifted girls were least popular. Boys and girls not identified as gifted were rejected more than gifted pupils, and boys were more rejected than girls.
so that article was from 1990, but when I first read it, I though, yup, that reflects my memory of my personal experience.

I would share with the teacher that you, the parent, prefer that your child not be publicly identified for her test scores. You don't have to explain why, but you can say that you are getting social pressure from the other parents and you don't like it.

Remember what the companies say about the numbers of letters they get about their products, that each person who comments represents hundreds who feel the same but don't comment.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com