Originally Posted by cc6
i don't think the teacher will make any changes or accomodations for him, and unfortunately DS6 is sorta helping her out on that(!)
she gave him (and entire class) a math assessment.
very SIMPLE stuff that i know he knows.
he scored just 21/24, while MOST of the class rec'd 24/24!!
now this seems no biggy, but keep in mind it was simple stuff he's been doing since age 3. and stuff some of his fellow kinders just learned IE count how many objects, write the correct answer. IE which is fewer than 5? 4 or 7?
soooo simple.
and he does this all time in his "homework" each week.
but it is fuel for teacher to say, i give him tests and he gets them wrong, he doesn't need advancement.
yet DS6 is adding, subtracting, multiplying etc all on his own b/c she hasn't taught it yet...

i was frustrated and asked DS6 about the "test" and he said the teacher has never given him a test. of any kind.
so my concern is he may have not been aware it was a test, and b/c he is so bored, and for most part shutting down during school- he may have just gone thru motions. (no making excuses for him but it's all i can figure out since he can actually do this stuff.)

and finally, it could be he isn't a great test taker, maybe test anxiety except again, he never knew he took a test.
frown

Ug... I'd keep pushing. This teacher would have HATED my son. He got to the point where he flat out refused to do worksheets. One bad day he took the stack of worksheets on his desk and threw them on the floor! lol

~amy