i have posted various threads here.
basically, to sum it all up- my just turned DS6 is in public kinder. testing into kinder SAS program (school of advanced studies), they do not do proper gifted testing until 2nd grade. nor accept outside testing. Contrary to what I was told, there really is NO SAS program in place, the clustering & differentiation is NOT happening. Nor is it likely that it will begin…and mtgs w/ principal have proved to be futile.

PLAN: switch to 1st grade at new semester, jan 2013.
*he has a healthy social life, lots of playdates and does enjoy friends at school. I was hoping this would be enough to sustain him at school until switch. (note: he does learn some new things @ school, and he is happy about this, but then teacher continues to teach same concept for wks, he is typically ready to move on right away. He tends to dislike repetition, wants more…he is now pretty much zoning out at school, he has “think dreams” and tries to teach himself new things. (what he told me)

CURRENT "PROBLEM":
my DS6 is for most part BEGGING me to teach him at home.
NOW. (he knows he has to wait until Jan for 1st grade switch)
the social aspect of kinder is no longer enough for him, to sustain him all day.
he is late most days because he drags in morning,
somedays he flat out refuses to go...then he is really late.
He doesn’t try to say he is sick etc, he is honest about it.

Lately he has been asking questions like:::
"what is the purpose of even being alive if i can't learn new things?"
"i don't understand why kids have to go sit in class and just sit there. i just want to learn something new. How can I invent things if I can’t learn what I need to know. this is why humans are killing the planet earth, because most kids just sit there & don't care if they learn, they just sit there and then grow up and they are adults who don't do anything." *that one startled me!
i was dumbfounded he said this, i just sat with mouth hanging open. literally.

"i want to learn, i want to stay home and paint and invent new things"
"why do i have to wasted my whole day at school, just to be able to play with friends 2times at recess? can't you just teach me new stuff at home and i can just have playdates?"

"what is the point of being on this earth?"
(he asks a lot of “earth” Qs = like he has never understood why “humans” have destroyed Earth. He says Earth is dying and can’t be fixed. I laugh inside when he blames “humans” and yes, he knows he is one- a human- but he doesn’t want to be lumped in with the ones who’ve done “horrible” things.

===just wondering how common is it for a 6yo to ask these Qs and think about this stuff?
and am i incurring 'mental harm' to his psyche by having him continue in kinder class until jan? he is not allowed to make switch until jan...
finally, should i just homeschool him???
*sigh*

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller