24 questions on a K test? Whoa...that seems like a lot. I notice my ds makes all sorts of careless mistakes on his worksheets at school. Mostly I notice that he gives up on trying with his handwriting when it's a crazy-easy worksheet (like makes 17 circles, 17 tallies, write the number 17).

My ds6, also in Kindy, is underperforming as well. I noticed that she has already bumped him up a reading level since first evaluated (still way too easy), but at least that's progress. My ds did say that the teacher is now doing individual reading time just with him because he's so far ahead of the others. So, that's a little more progress. I think doing the AR tests is what is A) giving my ds confidence in his test taking and B)showing the teacher that I'm not full of it when I say he is reading beyond a Kindy level.

Would you be able to start giving him tougher math sheets at home and sending them in as homework? My ds' teacher sent us a first-grade level phonics/reading packet to do as homework (in place of or in addition to). It's still quite simple, but I can pick and choose what he does, so we're working toward the back of the packet on sentence writing. I was thilled when one of the homework sheets came back GRADED (instead of smiley face stickers)! I let him do these sheets all on his own, so he didn't add a period at the end or put a proper space in between words. Yay...he'll learn much more from her corrections than mine. DS needs challenge and needs to have incentive to push ahead.