My experience, also living in New Hampshire, is that they are clueless about gifted education statewide, with the possible but not definite exception of the new Polaris charter school. I've heard from people in other districts and it seems to be similar everywhere: no state or local mandate for gifted services, no money for gifted programs (either programs have been cut or never existed), aversion to acceleration, an extremely egalitarian mindset, Everyday Math, and less than stellar performance.

But one thing we do have in this state: the right to smoke on any town playground. Thanks, New Hampshire.

I think you've got to get moving sooner or later on figuring out what to do for your daughter; you can't just put faith in the school system year after year. Afterschool her, partially homeschool, advocate for enrichment, whatever-- something has got to be better than nothing. Otherwise your daughter may wind up being comfortable with "excelling" at the level set by the school. Don't let the school limit her; that's the source of your concern, and it's totally valid.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick