Glad the VT is working for you. DS had some regression with VT too before he took two steps forward it seemed. I've seen a similar situation with neurofeedback - one step back and then two steps forward. I think it's common.

Totally agree about the VT. My son had 5 years of ot, including 4 at a ot sensory gym. At the end of the day, however, he needed the VT. OT can only help to a point if visual deficits are present. That was our experience - especially when you're dealing with damage to neural pathways or parts of the brain.

It makes sense when you consider that 80% of what we process on a daily basis is through our visual senses. Even if you're blind, you still use visual system for imaging and visual memory, though I realize this might not make sense to people who are unfamiliar with what visual processing entails. And, of course, that's really the problem - everyone associates visual processing with visual acuity (near - and far-sightedness) and yet this is a tiny fraction of our visual processing systems.

I don't understand why VT is controversial or seen as flighty. It's not and neither is neurofeedback. When you've got celebrities, business leaders, Olympians and other athletes seeking VT and neurofeedback for peak performance then it's not hocus pocus. What is infuriating is that EI and SPED should be covering VT and neurofeedback. I think that's more controversial and scandalous.