Originally Posted by cdfox
We had more drastic results with vt than the therapeutic listening. Then again, DS was born with visual deficits (that's under the other stuff category). Yes, it's expensive. We paid out of pocket. However, DS was 4 and barely scribbling and had poor eye-hand coordination. I'd do it again in a heartbeat because we did see some impressive results and there's no way DS would have gained the visual perceptual skills w/o vt. He had already had 4 yrs of pt/ot before he started vt but still barely scribbled and was struggling with body-in-space/vestibular issues.

Lately, DS has been doing neurofeedback. That's also expensive. Then again, you're re-wiring the brain and DS's situation is far from the norm.

Yes the VT really is wonderful. Ds read to me tonight and he's really do so much better. I had gotten scared last week, I think it was, when I feared a regression but he was just tired and his were strained from using the iphone too much. It's funny to me that VT is a bit controversial - I have seen more drastic results form the VT in two months that I have from the OT in two years! Not that I am saying that the OT is worthless, I am not - but VT is really something else - it REALLY seems to actually fix the problem!