Okay, well, I talked to the top OT at DS' therapy place and she is also trained in the Therapeutic Listening and she was honest and said she knows it's touted by some as helping just about everything but that it really wouldn't do anything big for my DS. It really is for children on the spectrum or with true ADHD and also SPD. If I had money (and the time - an hour a day for 12 weeks! Yikes!)to spend, of course all that stuff is 'good' for you and any child, - I'd probably give it a shot... but it's not like you see the big difference like you would with an ASD, ADHD or SPD child. It reminded me of vision therapy - yes vsion therpay is pretty much "good for" anyone, atheletes often get it just looking for that extra edge or whatever but it's really not worth the time and money unless you have a real vision disorder like convergence. And that is where you see drastic miraculous changes - when the person getting it has a true specific type of issue.

So I feel better that I inquired... At least I know. Honestly, if I were wealthy I would do it for DS - take a summer and do it just to give him more... I bet I would see some nice changes. But it's not going to give DS a drastic enough change to warrant the time and money in our current situation.

Last edited by marytheres; 10/18/12 03:08 PM.