We did not try it because I wasn't convinced that it would do more for my son than his musical theater classes and we couldn't afford both. Musical theater, which included dance and singing along with acting, helped my son develop much better timing, balance, ability to follow multi-step directions, ability to do multiple things at once--like singing and dancing and acting all at the same time, as well as endurance. He learned to push himself physically through pain when he needed to but also to manage the fatigue by sitting out and watching dance practice if he felt he had to in order to get through an entire rehearsal. He had to get used to bright lights and lots of noise while memorizing lines and lyrics and dance steps. He learned to work on a team and to improvise on stage when things didn't go as planned--like music not starting when it was supposed to and sometimes in theater you have to make up lines to cover for other actors when they forget their lines. He was able to do this. He just learned so many good life skills.

Several people did tell us they thought it would be good for his hypotonia and sensory issues (vestibular and proprioceptive) but could not tell us how. I tried to find information on line and I never found anything to convince me that it would be better for my son than musical theater. I don't think we made the wrong choice when we chose musical theater over listening therapy or even OT.