here's another update! Found out for DS4's speech therapist that the special ed director changed her mind AGAIN and decided against further testing ... they finally realized that one on one testing will not prove a thing with our son. He'd once again slip through the cracks like he has a few times to this point. So, since there's such a gap between how he tests / acts during testing and when he's in normal social / school situations, the special ed director said since we already have an IEP in place, they'll adjust it and put him in pre-school after all! we should got take a look at the class he'd be in on Tuesday. Hopefully everything goes well, he / we like it and we can call this our FIRST VICTORY in what I'm sure will be a large number of battles in the future! lol

In the meanwhile, we've jumped on the GFCF diet (gluten free / casein free) ... I'm not expecting any miracles, but since both sons have food allergies and sensitivities already, I thought, WHY NOT? ... after first 6 days on the diet, no significant changes in DS4, other than he seems to be able to focus a little better! YAY for that! ... DS2.5 on the other hand (who was a huge dairy addict) has in just 6 days gone from not communicating to asking for help and even repeating sentences ... AND I just now realized that after he surprised us with being able to read a lot of words without anyone teaching him (started 2 weeks ago) ... he's now trying to actually really READ text! I've seen him take books, follow with his finger word after word and trying to read them all out loud! When I heard him read "... play in the sun", I was floored! It's not something he'd ever say! He only speaks in words! I'm pretty sure his speech therapist will be panicking when she hears this on Monday! She might lose her job with us soon! lol

Anyways ... that was a little side note regarding the GFCF diet ... just thought I'd throw it in with the good news about pre-school. Now, the question is if the school is a good news or if I'll be regretting it in two weeks!