Thank you, DeeDee! what would I do without you! You're one of the few people who help me stay sane these days! lol

I guess what I don't understand is ... the special ed director knew since MAY we were searching for a diagnosis and hoping to get him into the preschool to help him with all the social problems. They have know this long so why didn't they suggest the testing through the school system right away? He did have a district evaluation last year but he did just fine ... he always does great at a one-on-one type of setting unless he's on sensory overload when he just doesn't respond. I wish they would just put him in a room full of kids for 5 minutes and that's all the testing they need to do. That would tell them all they need to know! I'm just worried that this way he'll slip through the cracks just like he did last year! At which point I'm ready to give up and homeschool him in K and 1st while I'll still be at home with my younger one and then will see how he does as the years go by. I just wish they'd stop looking at him doing great academically and would finally look at the whole picture frown

I'll check out the book you recommended!