My dd8 was offered a whole grade skip + an additional grade skip in math for next year.

I was a little surprised since I had not asked for the grade skip. It was a little weird since it was the school selling me on the grade skip, not the other way around. They had already talked to all of my dd's teachers (current as well as next year's) and made sure they were all on board. They obvioulsy gave this a lot of thought and by the end of the meeting I was feeling very confident that this is indeed what is best for my dd.

I don't know if this had anything to do with the school's decision to grade skip, by my dd recently took the SCAT thru JHU Talent Search and she did extremely well. I know the school received a copy of her test scores. Obvioulsy they also took into consideration her level of maturity and her current school work. Her current homeroom teacher was a strong advicate for the grade skip. The assistant head of school is also very involved with the children and she gets to know them very well. She is very dedicated to making sure all the children are correctly placed.

Once again, I cannot feel anything but fortunate for finding such a perfect fit for my dd.