Do you know for sure that the school is interpreting his behavior the way you say they are?

My son had a terrible time settling into kindergarten last year. We got notes home about hitting, pushing, talking during class, refusing to follow directions, etc etc. we were beside ourselves. We wanted meetings and plans and solutions. We wanted them yesterday, not next week.

And, then, my friend the guidance counselor who has been at the school for 25 years said, "oh, this happens every year. The little boys who are smart and active and funny always spend the first 9 weeks of school pushing every limit we have and testing every rule and boundary. Then, they settle down and everything is fine."

My kid has sensory issues, and auditory defensiveness, and fine motor skills, and anxiety, and has been evaluated for Aspergers, but once we got over that really rocky road, you would never know the issues, because he has thrived.

I would push the school to take you and your GS seriously, but I would also separate out the facts of the situation from my fears of the situation.