I found a copy of the IAS online and I'm pretty sure she'd score in one of the top 2 tiers. Hopefully I can meet with the principal before school starts. I know they have done it at least once before, because my daughter is friends with an older kid who skipped 3rd. Most of her friends are in older grades actually (another plus in my favor hopefully!).

I know of at least a few kids in her grade who are given the same math and reading level work as her, I don't know if any of them have been for testing. They do have an 'enrichment' program, but it's basically keeping the upper half of the class entertained while they work with those who need a little more time. I've seen the gifted programs that are in place in other nearby, larger school districts and this pales in comparison.

In terms of accommodating the coding, she hasn't needed any. She got 96-98th percentile scores on MAP testing, so they don't think she needs help. The psychologist we worked with didn't have an answer for the cause, and our insurance denied coverage for the therapy they recommended.

At this point we are working on additional math and reading at home, and she does a lot of the online programs that they allow her to do in the classroom when she's done with her work at home too - Renzulli learning is the main one, and Brainpop. But she's there 7 hours a day, I want her to be happy and to be learning. I don't think waiting for middle school will make a difference because it will only be more of the same there. It's an even smaller school, with even less funding. The only other alternative is waiting for 4th grade, where we have the opportunity to have her in a 4th/5th grade mixed class, with the hope that they'll let her 'skip' then and go to middle school a year early.

I actually had considered asking for a grade skip in kindergarten because she was so bored but her teacher said it wasn't a good idea because she was so emotionally immature. I wish I'd have known more back then because I think being with older kids would have been exactly what she needed to come out of her shell. But they say hindsight is 20/20...