Hi
Spin off from the awkward adult conversation - and the conversation about arrogance- what about the awkward kid statements - and your kid is the awkward one?

Have heard once myself and once DS reporting - he announced to an individual and in one case a group - that he is very smart.

I am bothered by this. Not sure if it's the adult knowledge that it's just not a good thing to do that, worries that he will alienate people this way, I want to say something to him but I know that part of it is because the kids he was talking to are good at sports and he is not.

I was thinking of saying that we don't announce stuff like that, it's like telling someone you have blonde hair, you don't need to tell people that. But I am sort of stumped about why, and he will ask why! what is the rationale for telling him to not do this - no bragging - but it's not bragging.

Thoughts? BTDT? Is this just my discomfort and it's perfectly acceptable behavior for 6? I find I cringe a lot about apparently normal 6 year old boy behavior in ND kids so maybe I am just being unreasonable and sensitive, a la those other threads?

DeHe