lol I dont care if they are gifted (i cant say im really hoping in the favor of giftedness) but i do sorta want to know so that im not wondering.
However I come from a very smart family who always ignored/down played IQ and said it had no importance at all to the point of causing more harm then good in my opinion everything always came easy to all of us we were the kinda people who never had to try in school we would just breeze through and although both my parents had college degrees a lot of people including my uncle who has an IQ of 166 dropped out of school.
I myself know what im capable of im not even remotely stupid its always been clear that my mind went to place and questions that other children my age just didnt in school (actualy i only went to grades pre-k, K, half of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 9th i was at home but not really homeschooled at all the other years). Im great at problem solving and many things but never bothered trying. In highschool i actualy got decent grades without ever reading the text books i failed english in the one year of high school i attended because although my first essay blew everyone away after that one i never felt the need to write another essay the rest of the year even though i was asked to write several more. I slept through science and never opened a book but got an A and got b's in most other classes really the only thing i did in highschool was use the school library A LOT i read 2-3 books a day during school none of which were school related then i dropped out and took my GED and easily passed in fact with my score i was told i could have gotten in to the best college in our area St.louis university (SLU) anyways i didnt feel i was ready to apply there and just went to a comunity college which i also dropped out of got married to a very smart husband and had some very bright kids the end lol but wait i never bothered to learn a whole lot of anything that schools find usefull like punctuation for one lol if you havnt noticed as well i also never learnmed any math beyond pre-algabra. It doesnt mean i cant learn those things lol i could more then likely pick it all up in under a week but im not sure the point in learning it and really i dont have the time.

Point being IQ/ability being ignored and down played in my family seems to have done little good....