thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions and help and cheerleading! smile

Solaris - I will definitely PM you smile it will be lovely to chat to someone who is "ahead" of us! smile I don't intend to buy an out-of-the-box curriculum, but am rather trying to find specifics at our level, so we have a maths set that goes through 8th grade and I am creating my own handwriting tools and we use our own reading books etc. I want to find something for history and use projects for geography, that sort of thing.

Alex'sMom - I love that we dont have to rush anything kwim? we can stay in PJ's if we want, we can sleep in late if we want... we are trying out the structure now, so will try stick to it more for at least 3 weeks to get everyone into the regular routine, and will soften it from there to the desired level. This was a suggestion by a Home schooling mom of 8 kids, so it's worth a try I recon.

LaTex - yes we have de-schooled for nearly 3 months and this week Aiden begged for real learning stuff. So we started with some 3rd grade maths workbook and then moved on to using maths to prepare for home projects. Today he worked out how many mosaic tiles of a certain size we will need for two planters by the pool. Then we got to the store and he changed the design totally based on some gorgeous ones we saw on sale. lol.

Thanks for the links - I have bookmarked them and will use them as we need them smile

Medium kid is at home for winter break now and has joined is happily this week, I want to see if i can manage both at once and then use that to tempt DH to bring him home too after the 3rd school term.

I am trying to justify an interactive whiteboard as something they will all use for the rest of their kid lives laugh and I get books from the publishers for my business, so they each now have a quarterly book allowance, and they love to browse the catalogues and choose their books. We have too many books, but as Baby boy outgrows them we will donate to rural schools for libraries etc. I love books - although there are some collections I want to get as they will last us years still.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)