Thanks, everyone, for all your thoughts and suggestions. I think I'll start with having his hearing checked, as my insurance will cover that and it should be a simple enough process. I don't know what to do with the school. We only had 30 minutes in the meeting and there were 7 people there, including his current teacher, who spent a lot of our time defending her work with him and telling us "he is young". Yeah, well, duh! Maybe a one-on-one with the principal is next.

I will ask the doctor about his OT when we have his checkup this summer. In the meantime, I'll try to encourage more biking and swinging.

Okay, I feel really silly asking this next question, but I'll do it anyway. I read the Davidson Young Scholars thing and the minimum on the WISC-IV is a 145 score. Mine is nowhere near that but since he was so low on two of the subtests, might it be worth applying and asking them to take that "9" into consideration? Or would it be a complete waste of time because they'd just toss it out?