Maybe this topic has been covered, probably, but it is on my mind. Yesterday, half day school, picked up DD with dog and plans changed since a buddy was heading to Central Park with Grandmother so we all went.

We went to Belvedere castle where they climbed up, I stayed on the lowere level with dog. Then we were going through the brambles. There is a clearing that I know of and when we hit it, I took dog off the leash and threw the frisbee I had for her. The kids each threw the frisbee for the dog to catch it. We were heading to the paths again and the grandmother asked me to put dog back on leash, which I did. We got lunch and then the kids are climbing trees. Not that high, it was above soft ground. I am not concerned since I climbed many trees in my lifetime. But grandmother wouldn't allow it.

DH has a difficult time when Dd does gymnastics on the furniture, though I notice they have a commerical of gym athlete doing just that. I think it is a Bounty commercial. We are so worried about what our kids do, rightly because of the crazies out there. But how do you negotiate the teaching of taking some risks? And before anyone criticizes me for taking the dog off the leash, I hope you have never speeded or talked on your cell phone while driving, "cast the first stone" etc.

Ren