I agree with everything geofizz said above. I'll also add that my 2e dysgraphic ds seemed (to me) to be very slow to memorize his math facts, so while he was in elementary I did a great deal of reading about that very skill, and from what I learned, math facts don't really "click" until a child is developmentally ready - and for some kids that doesn't happen until 9-10 years old, no matter what their IQ or ability to understand mathematical concepts. Re the punctuation, spelling, capitalization etc - I didn't know your dd was in kindergarten this year until I read the last sentence of your post. From your description of her writing and your concerns, my impression was she was in 1st-2nd grade... really, it sounds like she's doing beyond a-ok for kindergarten.

Originally Posted by TwinkleToes
My nurturing side wants to help her so that her gifted needs will be met

This is jmo, but fwiw - my belief is that the best way to nurture our children when they are young (intellectually gifted or not) is to nurture their creativity - if your dd likes to write stories, encourage her to write (or tell stories) but don't pick apart her spelling etc, let the school take care of that for now. If she likes art, give her lots of opportunities to create art at home. Expose her to music/art/library/whatever. If you find she's not being given the opportunities you think she's ready for in school due to spelling etc - that's where you step in as her parent who knows her best and advocate.

It sounds like you have a wonderful dd - enjoy her creativity!

polarbear