Originally Posted by geofizz
It will also be helpful if you could watch her for handedness in the next few weeks (our neuropsych was very surprised to hear how dominantly right hnaded she was -- and handedness is in the title line of the report), included writing, eating, cutting, throwing, kicking, etc. He was positive she must be doing *something* with her left hand. I'm not sure how widespread that issue comes up, but it was a big deal in our meetings. We had to go back and promise to watch for left handedness. (It's non-existent).

geofizz, our ds12 (developmental coordination disorder and dysgraphia) is right-handed in everything he does. This was something I was watching for when he was really little because I'm rather severely left-handed lol. DS never showed any indication of the slightest interest in using his left hand for *anything*. When he had his first neuropsych eval in 2nd grade, his neuropsych told us he had "no" handedness and she was really surprised that he used his right hand for everything. We were surprised that she thought we should have known he didn't have a true "handedness". What she was ultimately getting at is that he had difficulty crossing the midline and didn't have a true "handedness" in the sense that most people have, instead he just happened to use his right hand for everything. Later on when he was in 4th grade ds tried writing with his left hand just for fun. His left-handed handwriting actually looks better than his right-handed writing and goes just as "quickly" (quick being a relative term for a dysgraphic kiddo!). Neither hw looks particularly neat either, both look very much like a dysgraphic kid's handwriting.

polarbear