Originally Posted by MidwestMom
UPDATE: We're seeing the neuropsych in another month. Any suggestions for specific things I should ask for/about?

I'm glad you're seeing a neuropsych.

I'd bring in a list of every issue you see, both in the academic work, as well as anything you see going on in her emotional world, and the interplay between the two. Bring examples of school work showing the issues that concern you and copies of any test scores you feel are telling. It will also be helpful if you could watch her for handedness in the next few weeks (our neuropsych was very surprised to hear how dominantly right hnaded she was -- and handedness is in the title line of the report), included writing, eating, cutting, throwing, kicking, etc. He was positive she must be doing *something* with her left hand. I'm not sure how widespread that issue comes up, but it was a big deal in our meetings. We had to go back and promise to watch for left handedness. (It's non-existent).

If it's anything like my DD's evaluation, the exam was very complete and appropriately focused on the issues, as well casting a wider net to see what else might be going on. We got a lot of very useful data that help explain much of what we see from DD.

First and foremost, we left with confidence in knowing that the work she does is not sloppy and lazy, but instead a reflection of her abilities oddly co-mingled with her disabilities.