Originally Posted by Jai
And we do take classes and our own personal "field trips.". I am wondering (which I posted on another thread) if enrolling him in preschool would be helpful (which I think) or harmful (which my husband suspects).

IF you have a gifted child and put him in a regular preschool you are pretty much asking for problems. The typical preschool is going to subject him/her to an environment where often the teachers do nothing except babysit or if they do try to teach things they often teach for the dumbest and that is going to upset a gifted child. So if you do it be ready to have him/her start hating school or worse still picking up very ad habits. With our oldest child we avoided schools as long as possible, with the youngest we decided to try them... the youngest scored higher on the same tests but her language usage fell dramatically, mostly in picking up very poor grammar that we now have to push her to avoid. If we could redo it we would have kept our youngest out of schools as long as we did her older sister.