Jai,
I think if are feeling overwhelmed it's important that you reach out and seek support, for your sake and for your son's since you have to be his foundation for many years.

I don't really know what to tell you about the tests. There are tests for preschool kids. If you really want that, it's your time and money and if this tester doesn't administer them, just keep looking. It will mostly likely NOT be the first round of testing for your son, so my advice is "get assertive" as soon as possible. I am speaking from experience here!

If your state has a gifted association, or if there is a university within a few hours or so with an early child development department or psychology department you could reach out to them to see about an intake type meeting. Or look over at the Hoagies website for testers.

Also, if you have the opportunity start getting out into the world with your son, like museums and preschool music classes. Sometimes you get bits and pieces of good advice or insight from people when you're not expecting it, and it helps make up for all the other discouraging encounters you might have, or just feeling isolated. It will also help your son to connect to adults that might possibly understand him quite nicely.

Good luck : - )
Bzylzy