Thanks polarbear. I've seen the site with the report cards but I think they don't get around to posting them until the fall. I'll look more closely, maybe I'm wrong. I'll take a look at the curriculum coming up also.

That's a really good idea about look ahead. When DD was entering K I had a list of what the district said they were to accomplish by the end of K and concentrated on "proving" she had met all those expectations (didn't work, I think I'm the worse advocator EVER!) anyway it never occured to me to go forward into 1st, 2nd etc. The principal was absolutely dead set against grade skips but the 1st grade teacher across the hall wanted to work with DD for a start but the others were inflexible.

I wouldn't think a full skip would be appropriate right now I'd be satisfied with more robust accommodations for her areas of strength. The school I have in mind for 6th+ does things like allow the student to test out of certain requirements and move up more quickly then when they're junior/seniors they stay in school but they do local internships (which DD would love!) and they can choose between AP and "college" courses (the college instructor comes to the school to teach the college-level course). I think a path like that would be good for DD.

I've been focusing on building up the relationship with the teacher this year and for the most part it's pretty mellow but I'm still frustrated with what's happening I try to tread super carefully. She did in the last few weeks give DD harder spelling words so DD does have to pay a bit more attention during the week to get 100% though she doesn't study, at least she pays more attention to the words when she does the weekly exercises. So that's a little victory!!