Thanks frannieandejsmom! I'll try to use that to formulate requests for next year.

When I took DD out of K to homeschool, a person I respected told me not to let her get more than two grade levels ahead of the schools if I planned to put her back at some point. She said "go deep" as well as capping that 2-year mark, which I did more formally then. We do it less formally at home now because DD is quite resistant to additional formal work during the school work, during the school year... she's fine in the summer when we "catch up" The informal mostly translates to talking or informally writing things down about the math behind certain life things or concepts if DD initiates (things like architecture, the solar system, time, calendars, or any patterns she recognizes).

DeeDee the movie is call Pom Poko (1994 Isao Takahata), but read alot of reviews first. My DD loves the Japanese kids movies but this was not her favorite, though she loved the transforming part. She loves the ones that feature a smart, strong girl of course.