Hi Dbat!

I guess you're right...if that scene was in a sitcom the viewers "in the know" would be roaring. DD has definitely learned to split over to play the game, at this point it does exhaust her (I think from what she's saying lately that's the main source of exhaustion).

We saw this Japanese movie where the racoons transformed into humans for the day to go out into the working world, since the humans had taken over their land. It showed these racoon-humans exhausted on the way home at the end of the day, and for some they were trying so hard to stay in human mode but racoon bits would "pop out" and when they got safely home they could turn back into racoons.

DD was very wide-eyed at this, but said she totally understands it. So I remind her/tease her about it, and call her my brave little racoon.

People who are 'different' have to do this to some extent their entire lives. If you can find a working intellectual niche I suppose it's so much better but there will always be challenges. People who are dual-language or culture learn to weave their way in and out of both or either cultures.

Anyway back to the OP I agree that the math curriculum could certainly be bumped up.