some basic background can be found:
link to previous thread

Recently dx'd as ADHD-I and reading disability

We finally received the psycho-educational evaluation report (a month after it was promissed!! mad) and are now eagerly trying to figure out the next step.
I am hoping I can get some ideas and advice from ya'll.

DS(10-4th grader)is already on an IEP for speech so hoping that will help things along a bit- but what should we expect and ask for with an official dx(private- so realize that they may want to do a testing through the school still.... but lets just assume that they accept the report and need nothing else)

The psychologist warned us that they may not be to willing to help much since DS is technically not failing anything (his grades have dropped significantly since last year though)

I want to go in with "positive happy thoughts" wink and assume best case scenario- but to be honest, I am nervous and am losing sleep over this. We plan on contacting the school on Tuesday- what is the best way. Should we give a copy to the teacher and request that she starts the process or do we go straight to the source (who would that be?). Do we hold back our report until the meeting-- or do we give it to them right away.

I feel like I am planning for a battle sick and I am hoping that I am worried for nothing.

Storys of encouragement are welcomed and any advise on were to start.
I am most concerned about getting the appropriate help for the dyslexia aspect of thing- that is where I am worried that we will hit a brick wall with the school (even though he was not previously dx'd as ADHD-- the teachers have always seen the need for front of the class placement and help on staying on task, this actual dx will just make it official)

And the whole 504 thing confuses me- if an IEP is in place, is that still something to ask for?

Thanks

Last edited by jolene77; 04/08/12 02:04 PM.