Originally Posted by Momtogirls
She is young... She has a late summer birthday. She will have just turned 12 starting 7th grade if we stay the normal course. So she would be 12 really for the entire school year. I really think the best path might be subject acceleration in LA, perhaps busing her to the high school par time, at least until she completes Alg 1 at the middle school. After Alg 1, she could take Alg 2 honors at the high school and move on from there. Right now, as long as they are willing to keep her happy for 5/6, I feel like developmentally that's where she needs to be. There is one other little boy a year ahead of her who is probably going to skip 8. He's been somewhere else for 7th grade and his mom will not put him at the middle school. I think we'll watch closely how things go with him!

Keep this thread alive and let us know how things go. I have a son in 3rd grade. He turned 9 the beginning of January. He is perfect age for a grade skip, we're not so crazy about it. One skip is not enough anyway. I do not like the conversations we are having with the middle school in our area so far. Maybe we can work out a quick pass thru the middle school like is being suggested here.