My dd only skipped one grade (5th), but some of your posts have me wondering as to how old your dd is for grade. You mentioned her age being one of the factors that kept her in the 'good' vs. 'excellent' category on the IAS. But then, if she'd be 16 at graduation after skipping two grades, I'm thinking maybe she isn't super young for grade.

Is there any possibility of a single grade skip and a different school for the last year of middle school or subject acceleration to the high school for part of the day? The level of achievement you describe is right about where my dd's was as well. She will be graduating high school at 16 too.

My biggest concerns from what you mention in regard to the dual skip are related to Algebra I in 9th grade as others mentioned and whether she'd be 12 or 11 when she started 9th. My dd was 12, but turned 13 shortly thereafter. I also think that it was beneficial to have had a few years to acclimate to being that much younger than the other kids before starting high school. Acclimating to two grades of a skip all at once and being put in a position where your grades now matter for college admission might be a little overwhelming all at once.

It really does sound like a grade skip would be a good idea for your dd and I understand why the 7th/8th grade years are ones you'd be considering. I'm wondering if a compromise might be to have her skip just 7th and, for that one year with the lesser teacher(s) in 8th, have her take a few subjects at the high school such as algebra I since you mention that it might be a better class at the high school. Is that something you can advocate for?