Originally Posted by Momtogirls
AlexsMom-
Our principal has indicated that he would love to have her early, and we would be as flexible as necessary- testing out of stuff, taking some college/some high school, etc. I know she would be looked out for.
See if she can be on the books as a 7th or 8th grader, and spend her days on the High School campus taking High School level classes...that would be ideal.

I agree that a wonderful teacher can make all the difference, but it sounds to me like she's going to need 'something more' in LA even next year. LOL - If she can keep her grade designation and move to the High School maybe let her take the '9th grade Algebra' a year before she is ready so that the pace doesn't drag her down too much. The key thing to ask is, if the HS will let her be a 7th grader taking HS subjects, if the grades will follow her to college or just be 'middle school' grades, like any other kid in your district taking Algebra 1 in 8th grade.

I hope this makes sense. She could be an officially 'Homeschooled 7th grader' who is auditing High School classes for a year or two, so you give the grades based on her classwork. That way you don't have to worry about her being 'kicked out' of High School without Calculus before she is ready.

HTH,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com