Good advice, ggoebel. I'm hoping that I have already followed it by establishing a working relationship with his teachers.

I noticed that ALEKS offers a free 48 hour trial session. So I think that I will try that this weekend, just to see what level he is at, in case he might even be close to being able to use that as a supplement.

I'm going in to the math class on Thursday this week to observe for awhile. And I want to ask about looking at the curriculum. Hoping to look ahead and perhaps get a feel for whether this years curriculum is going to challenge him at all. I observe children in classrooms regularly as part of my job, so I know what I'm looking for as an observer. I just hope that I can be objective as the parent! And I promised son that I wouldn't even say HI to him, because he was at first worried that the other kids would laugh at him, having his mom there. I have concerns about his social/peer interaction as well as the academics. So I hope it will be an enlightening and reassuring experience all around.

Last edited by dajohnson60; 11/14/06 02:38 PM.