Originally Posted by GHS
ETA: DAD, I am interested in seeing the images from Hi-Ho Cherry-O, do you have them around?

This is the version for one-to-one correspondence. I printed it, stuck it on some cardboard, poked holes in the dots, and stuck the plastic spinner in the middle. When the spinner points to one of the numbers, the player moves the appropriate number of fruits from the tree directly on to the spinner. Then the player moves the fruits into their basket.

This is not the final version, because the computer with the final version died. In this version, the 5 dots are a little too close together, which caused me issues when I was poking the holes. It should be an easy fix.

[Linked Image from i39.tinypic.com]

This is the version for simple addition and subtraction. When using this version, the player spins the spinner, and moves the appropriate number of fruits into the selected area. When positive numbers are spun, the fruits move from the tree to the spinner, and then to the number line. When a negative number is spun, the fruits move from the number line to the spinner, and then to the tree. There are only two number lines, but additional players (real or stuffed) can continue to use the baskets.

If I were re-doing this one, I would separate the number lines from the spinner, because the act of spinning the spinner can spill the fruits. Currently, I hold the spinner in place when my daughter spins, so fruits don't go flying. Rubber feet might do the trick as well.

[Linked Image from i43.tinypic.com]

Preview isn't showing the images... my apologies for any BB errors.