Thank you so much everyone for your responses! I was out with her a good part of the day today and picked up a set of Legos. We'll see how those work out.

I wish museums were an option for us on a regular basis. There is one that I know of but it's too far to frequent, although it would be a nice special outing.

Part of my problem is (and this is really embarrassing) I have no friends. None. I go to a play group every couple of weeks, but that's my extent of being around other parents, which means I don't have anyone around to learn from and my DD rarely has the chance to play with other kids. At least I have the internet, right?

Anyway, we have tons and tons of toys. Mostly books, art supplies and puzzles. She also has a doll house that she loves and a trampoline. But what ever it is can't keep her attention for long until she starts asking for the iPad. I think somehow I will have to break her addiction to that before I can get her really interested in other things.

I have tried baking with her and she pretty much hated it except for smearing icing on a cake - but at least that's something. And by the way, I'm not actually a chef, it's just a play on my real name.

Mary