Our school system has a neuropsych on staff, or at least 1 they contract with; however, I can't find one associated with the closest children's hospital. Our pediatrician's office gave me the name of a developmental pediatrician, but they didn't know anything about neuropsychology (I spoke with one of the office workers or maybe a nurse.)

I think ds (he's 10) will do fine as an adult. In some ways he's immature, posibly due to ADHD. He's not as worldly as some of the kids at school. We don't allow him to watch movies or play video games with mature themes, and he doesn't really read much fiction. On the other hand, he spends a lot of time trying to figure out people's motivation for their actions. He's not one to get in trouble, but he gets frustrated when people don't take him seriously.

I'm worried that middle school may be difficult next year because they draw from a much bigger area than our elementary school. I don't know what kind of outrageous things he might do, but it would probably involve talking too much.

I guess I worry about misdiagnosis because our other ds has just been accurately diagnosed with a medical condition that was misdiagnosed several times over the course of many years. He has some permanent damage because he wasn't treated for the right condition, and we don't know the results of all the medication he took over the years.