Originally Posted by polarbear
The one thing I would wonder re your dd is that if she was suspected of having ADHD based on a Connors questionnaire - I wouldn't think that gifted behaviors would look like ADHD on Connors.... But I'm not anywhere near qualified to have an opinion on that!

The Conner's has questions like "Does your child learn the same way that other children do?" that any parent of an hg/pg child could honestly answer "no" to, and others that deal with things like peer relationships that could easily be disrupted if there is a poor match between classroom placement and intellectual level, but without having that answer necessarily be an indicator of any pathology. When I filled out the Conner's for my son's evaluation, I explained nearly every answer I gave to give specific examples of the kinds of behaviors and issues that made me rank things the way I did. I'm sure the psych was ready to duct tape my mouth shut by the time we got through it, but it was helpful to her in the end, and led her (along with the pattern of the positive items, which were heavily concentrated in areas such as peer relations) to indicate that although the score indicated a very high probability of all three subtypes of ADHD (inattentive, impulsive,and mixed), his issues were likely not related to ADHD but to his giftedness and his Asperger's Syndrome.