thanks for the advice everyone...

When I say "label" I mean that in the "didn't really do due dilligence and let's just call it this a medicate it so we can get on to the next person" attitude, if that makes any sense at all, lol! We did the Connor's questionaire previously and this is what the ped wanted to base the dx on, even though I tried to tell her, repeatedly that DD had tested 99.6 on the Raven matrices (what they use for GT testing here), she didn't seem to think that was important. I left the peds office that day totally seeing red, shaking, etc. I was mad too because the ped even said DD didn't fit the usual dx, but offered me meds anyway..."You could try them if you want." and yes, we are looking at getting a new ped, btw...

I am worried that he isn't going to listen or isn't going to want to take her "giftedness" into account, but DH assures me I can just get up and walk out then, lol!

We talk about professional behavior, but so far, we have been severely disappointed in most of the so called professionals that we have gone to, trying to help figure things out for DD, so I probably have an abundance of anxiety over the whole thing too...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...