Thanks everyone.

@master of none: no, we do not believe he is a danger to anyone. He's smacked himself upside the head during his tantrums, and kicked walls, but never injured himself or anyone else, never broken/thrown anything, etc. prior to our foray into meds he'd never even directed anger towards anyone during a tantrum.

I am very disappointed in the program, to say the least. The director actually told me before I left "we just have to get him to stop having these out of control behaviors before we can assess and treat him" !! What on gods green earth was she doing the whole time we talked to her on Friday saying we needed help specifically WITH HIS TANTRUMS. Gah! If he wasn't throwing the tantrums we wouldn't freaking need their help. blows my mind.

We have an appointment tomorrow with the psychiatrist and I'm going to talk to him about trying a med for mood disorder without also doing a stimulant, which is what we had done before. I am also going to get him back into his school, as they clearly are better at this than this place we tried today! I spoke with the VP today and I just love her. We may go ahead and request an veal from school. I am not super hopeful about that, it takes 60 days (approx) to have him eval'd and, of course, there's the fact that he gets straight A's, in spite of everything. Then I need to call this place and get my freaking $$$ back!

~amy