DS8's behavior has gotten markedly worse the past few months (while we were trying stimulant medication for his (supposed) ADHD) and culminated in Monday's 1hr long fit of rage. We ended the meds, and he seemed a bit happier, but still not "normal". He continued to exhibit the same behaviors in school - Tuesday the principal called and spoke with my husband on the phone and expressed her concern over his behavior and the things he was saying (about how he hates himself). Wed the teacher contacted me to schedule a parent-teacher conference, and then Thursday DS was so out of control my husband had to pick him up and bring him home!

My husband brought him into the psychiatrist we've been seeing and he agreed no more of the meds and that he was no longer sure it was ADHD, and he ended up recommending a place in town called 'The Excel Center'. It's a facility that allows for DS to be monitored the whole time he's there. In the morning he'll have a normal school experience, and in the afternoons either a meeting with the psychiatrist there, or group therapy (which is basically play therapy.) We are a bit overwhelmed/freakedout/stressed/etc, but hopeful that as a result of these folks being able to REALLY get to know DS they will be able to properly diagnose him and we can get rid of these tantrums!

(We still have the WJ-III scheduled for next week, and a full neuropsych eval scheduled for May.)

So, any prayers/good vibes anyone wants to send our way, we'll take 'em!

~amy