My 8yo is not tiny, in that she's 70th+ for height and ~30th for weight, but the two combined currently put her about 2nd percentile for BMI. Also a picky eater, in that she has a relatively limited range of foods she'll eat, but the individual items aren't typical picky-eater foods. Also a perfectionist who likes control. Also has heavy parents who talk about healthy eating and making our bodies healthy and strong, rather than dieting.

And I hear her say things like, "I'm getting so fat!" or "I don't want ice cream because it has too many calories." (Not that those comments generally keep her from having ice cream, thankfully.) I don't know where she gets it from, either.

Last night, she was bemoaning the fact that her teeth aren't white like you see on TV / in magazines. So I pulled out YouTube. We looked at the Fotoshop by Adobe spoof, Dove Evolution, a montage of "average person with normal makeup on left / same person with professional makeup / hair on the right," a homemade Photoshop demos where the starting picture and the ending picture weren't recognizable as the same person at all, a professional Photoshop demo where a really attractive model had pretty much everything changed - including hair and eye color, and a set of candid no-makeup celeb photos paired with the same celeb all glammed up (which DD pointed out appeared to have been Photoshopped, too).

My DD said she felt a lot better about how she looked at the end. Just watching how they faked everything up made a huge difference.