Yikes. DD9 (HG), has always been tiny. 10th %ile and below on weight and height her whole life. She's also a perfectionist and likes to have control. She's always been a picky eater, and funny about textures of foods.

DH and I are both trying to shed some pounds, for health reasons mainly (his high cholesterol, my high blood pressure). Anytime I'm referring to our diet, weight loss, exercising, etc., I try to be careful to reinforce that "Daddy and I are trying to be more healthy." I try really hard not to give my girls the message that they need to be skinny.

Lately DD9 has made a few comments that have me concerned. She's talked about her meat having "fat" on it, and referred to foods as too fattening, or not wanting to be fat... How do little girls get these messages so early?

Because of her perfectionism and control issues, I am a little bit concerned. She still eats, but at times we have to make her eat dinner, etc. This is not really new, since she has never been much of an eater. Nonetheless, her comments have me a little worried. Any suggestions?