I have to say I have learned a tremendous amount about respecting other people's decisions while perusing this forum. I am trying to recover from my "say whatever i think" attitude. One of DS4's preschool classmates will be 5 before kindergarten, so I was talking about k with her mom. She said she was going to keep her in preschool for another year. This, even though her mom also said that every day when her brother goes to school, she asks why can't i go to school every day? Her mom also said she's way too bossy right now to go to kindergarten. This little girl is extremely bright, IMHO, so I was shocked and said "she is soooo ready for kindergarten!" Then I realized that if I wanted people to respect my educational decisions, I'd better respect theirs too. So I quickly added, "but of course you have to trust your instincts." It still bugs me though!

I have always viewed grade-skipping as fabulous, and I wish I had been grade skipped when I was in grade school. So anyway, I'm on board about getting the word out about grade skipping and other options for gifted kids, but I'm still figuring out how to not step on toes...