I'm seriously at the end of my rope with this medication merry-go round for DS9. We have now tried Strattera, Intuniv, Vyvance, Ritalin, Concerta and Daytrana. The first few flat out didn't work, the ritalin worked, but he had huge highs and lows, the Concerta and Daytrana cause such a terribly flat affect that it isn't worth taking.

His grades are fabulous...literally 98s and 99s across the board and a very low B in language arts, but he has it written into his IEP that his teacher cannot take off points for mispelling, grammar or handwriting unless it is a language arts, spelling or writing assignment.

His teacher, however, says he does a MUCH better job with writing, spelling and handwriting when he is on the medication.

I was willing to try medication if he could get benefit without significant side effects, but the side effects are too great and the benefit too small.

I have a call into Dr. Amend because I'm wondering if the ADHD-I is a misdiagnosis.

Until then, have any of you had any success with non-medication alternatives for ADHD-I?