OK, so here's my next step. I just sent an email to the school GT coordinator. I was super nice, did not outright criticize the teacher, but just said that she has let me know that there is nothing else within the classroom that she is willing to do and that she said no to giving him different homework. Given that, I asked if there were other enrichment possibilities in the school and if there aren't could some arrangements be made to provide some (which I offered to help out with). And if nothing else can be done at school, could she give me some ideas of what to do at home, although I would prefer to have something at school since our time after school is limited. I also asked when the CogAT scores would be in since that might provide some insight into what my son needs.

I don't know if this will get me anywhere, but it seemed like something to try before going to the principal, who has not been all that helpful in previous interactions about other things. In theory, the GT teacher is supposed to be responsible for all grade levels, not just the already identified kids. So, we'll see. I think maybe I am being to nice, but I will start with that and amp things up if I need to.