[quote=Coll]What about simply not turning in the homework, since it's not graded?

quote]

Coll, I did seriously consider this, but I fear that it might send the wrong message (you don't always have to do your homework) and it feels like it would be undermining the authority of the teacher, so I haven't done that yet. But I also feel like, yes its a waste of time, its not graded, so what's the point?!

Here is what I am thinking of doing:
I have sent an email to the district GT PTA asking if they could put me in contact with some GT parents at our school. Since DS is my oldest, I don't know any of these families and wonder if maybe they might have some experience advocating in the school that would be helpful. The PTA president said she would check the books and get back to me.

I am also considering just calling up the GT teacher and asking for help. I have talked to her a couple of times in the past, so I feel comfortable calling her. I just worry that it might be awkward or seem like I am trying to put her in the middle of a conflict between me and the teacher, which is not my intention. And there really isn't a conflict, it's more like she just doesn't recognize the same needs for him that I do.

I was also considering offering to come in and do the enrichment myself, not just for him but for any other 2nd graders who need it. Not sure how that would go over, though, since I felt from her last email that she didn't really want me in the classroom! Hmm, maybe that is what I should go to the GT teacher with?